To learn more about COVID-19 and gather more information, please contact our Social Work office at 718-240-5122.
FREQUENTLY Asked Questions
- How and at what date will visitation be allowed?
We are pleased to announce that SSI has created a new
"Window Visitation Room"This room is available to family members, loved ones, and residents. Visitations may be done by pre-scheduled visits only. The use of personal protective equipment is required for health safety. Please note that visitation ability applies only to medically stable residents who can still ambulate or use a wheelchair (No Vent Residents).
Non-window visitation is not allowed until:
April 9, 2021Call the Social Work Department at (718) 240-5121 or 5122 to schedule an appointment. NOTICE: This process may be subject to change.
- How can I communicate with my loved one?
SSI will provide authorized family members and guardian daily access to free remote videoconferencing or similar communication methods. For alternate communication arrangements with residents (Facetime, Google Duo, phone call, etc.), please contact our Therapeutic Recreation Department at 718-240-5104, who will accomodate an electronic session with your loved one.
- Visitors, including the long-term care ombudsman, must be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before a visit. Additionally, the visitor must present a verified negative test result within the last week (7 days). Inability to present official documentation will result in a refused visit. This also applies to visitors who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or do not pass screening questions. If you are not feeling well, please stay home and contact your private doctor.
- Visitors must use the 555 Rockaway Parkway entrance OUTSIDE visitation room ONLY. No visitors will be allowed to enter through the Hospital or Schachne Pavilion Garage entrance through Bridge.
- Visitors must adhere to written screening protocols at SSI.
- Only two visitors are allowed simultaneously. Visitation is based on a pre-scheduled 30-minute appointment only. Visitors must fill the COVID-19 Screening Visitor's Application form. Sorry, as we have other visiting families, no late arrivals will be allowed to visit. Therefore, please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Visitors must be at least 18 years old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult and pre-scheduled for visitation and must provide a negative COVID-19 test within seven days from day of the visit.
- Documentation of visitor's screening is maintained in electronic format as required by the New York State Department of Health.
- Visitors are required to wear an acceptable face mask or face covering when on the nursing home premises and maintain social distancing.
- Visitors or representatives of the long-term care ombudsman visiting residents must use alcohol-based sanitizer and demonstrate appropriate use.
- For residents who are bed-bound, window visits are not allowed. However, alternate methods of communication may be arranged such as videoconferencing, Skype, or Facetime. In extenuating circumstances (en-of-life), limited visitation may be permitted. These visitors must go to the resident's room and not any other areas in the facility.
- Please see a copy of our Emergency Pandemic Plan here:
SSI PANDEMIC PLAN
- Can I choose how SSI may contact me with update information?
Yes, your choice is important to us. Please contact the Social Work Department at (718) 240-5122 or use the "Contact->Email Form" (top navigation) to let us know your communication notification preference.
- SSI COVID-19 Hotline:
requirements for visits:
Limited window visitation will be conducted under the following conditions: