To learn more about COVID-19 and gather more information, please contact our Social Work office at 718-240-5122.
FREQUENTLY Asked Questions
- How can I communicate with my loved one?
SSI will provide authorized family members and guardian daily access to free remote videoconferencing, or similar communication methods. For alternate communication arrangements with residents (Facetime, Goodle Duo, phone call, etc.) please contact our Therapeutic Recreation Department at 718-240-5104 who will accomodate an electronic session with your loved one.
- How and at what date will visitation be allowed?
SSI remains in close contact with the local and state health departments and continues to follow their guidance. Visitations will be done by appointment only and while wearing personal protective equipment for the safety of your loved one. SSI will resume limited visitation and activities under a revised guidance beginning
November 3, 2020NOTICE: This date is subject to change
- Visitors, including long-term care ombudsman, must be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access. Additionally, the visitor must present a verified negative test result within the last week (7 days) and visitation must will be refused if the individual(s) fails to present such negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions.
- Visitors must use the 1st floor entrance ONLY. No visitors will be allowed through the Garage Bridge.
- Visitors must adhere to written screening protocols for all persons entering the facility or grounds at SSI.
- Only five different residents will be allowed simultaneous visit. Two at the Schachne Pavilion and Three at the Schulman Garden. Visitation is based on a pre-scheduled one-hour appointment only. Visitors must fill the COVID-19 Screening Visitor's Application form below to set an appointment. No late arrivals will be allowed to visit. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Visitors must at least 18 years old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult and pre-scheduled for visitation and must provide a negative COVID-19 test withing 7 days from day of visit.
- Documentation of visitor's screening is preferred in an electronic format (use electronic form below) to be made available upon the DOH request for purposes of inspection and potential contact tracing. However, a written screen form must be filled prior to visit. We have mailed forms and notification to the next of kin and also have these forms available at the facility.
- Visitors are required to wear an acceptable face mask or face covering at all times when on the premises of the nursing home and maintain social distancing.
- Visitors or representatives of the long-term care ombudsman visiting residents must use alcohol-based sanitizer and demonstrate appropriate use.
- For residents who are bed-bound, alternative methods of visitation may be arranged such as through videoconferencing, through skype, or facetime. In extenuating circumstances, limited visitation may be permitted. These visitors must go to the resident's room and not any other areas in the facility.
- Please see a copy of our Emergency Pandemic Plan here:
SSI PANDEMIC PLAN
- Can I choose how SSI may contact me with update information?
Yes, your choice is important to us. Please contact the Social Work Department at (718) 240-5122 or use the Visitors COVID-19 Screening Application form below to let us know which is your communication notification preference.
- SSI COVID-19 Hotline:
requirements for visits:
Limited visitation will be conducted under the following strict conditions: